Saturday, January 28, 2006

Before and After

As promised, I am reposting the "before" version of my cover...



...and the "after" version:



This one was done on watercolor paper. I printed the sun from a digital file and the drew the rest with micron pen and prismacolor markers. The biggest problem I had with the cover - in all its incarnations - was working with the canvas board. Paint is not my strong suit, so every attempt I made ended up in the bin. I finally decided to work with what I'm most comfortable, but I'm still not 100% happy with attaching paper on top of the canvas board. Anyway...the things I'm learning are all part of the journey, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

I love it Carla :)
I especially love the movement of the flowers. I can't wait to see your illustrations.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home