Friday, January 06, 2006

Package Arrives

Well, I recieved Leeza's splendid package, for Journeys.

Immediately, my expectations have been taken up a knotch, with the incredible level of detail with all of the "parts"; the little booklet, the cover letter, the high-quality book elements, the bookmark, etc... it all just makes this project more inviting, interesting, and "special". (And hey, I'm not the kind of guy that says "special" very often without smirking.)

I was just really impressed.

Personally, I've been moving more and more towards being a fully digital artist the last couple of years, so I'm a little nervous about Journeys. I want this book to be a piece of art, so there's no way that I'm going to do some digital work, and just glue it over those fine watercolor pages.

Nope. Not gonna happen.

SO, I'm going to pull out my gouache paints, and see what I can do with more "traditional" media. But that makes me a little nervous... I love the speed, flexiblility, editability of digital art... I'll have no undo. I won't be able to revert. No saving different versions here and there. It's going to take longer. I'm gonna have to roll with the punches, pick up a real pencil again, and get the brush wet.

Interestingly, these are also the exact reasons I'm also so excited about this project.

Daniel
www.steamcrow.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Leezy said...

Welcome aboard and glad to see you're going to exercise those brushes and gouaches!!!!
Can't wait to see what you come up with. Happy painting.
:)

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home