Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Observations 1 & 2



Sorry I haven't written sooner about this. I just wanted to get across those little moments when something really strikes you as beautiful. The week I drew this I had just connected with my baby in a whole different color. I finally saw things and met this person who is growing week by week. Trees are significant to me in so many ways, I guess you will see that the journals progress. Thank you for all of your comments, it is very inspiring seeing all of your work and words.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leezy said...

Eleina, this is beautiful, so soft and feminine ... hope you are feeling well ...

2:27 PM  
Blogger carla said...

This is very intimate...the colors are soft but elemental. Is the butterfly a piece of a sonogram? I love the repeat of the motif on the belly. It's so beautiful...hope you''re doing well:>

6:41 PM  
Blogger Beth Berst said...

This is gorgeous. I love the composition and the striking orange ground. The type, the butterfly, the linework of her body all works wonderfully. This is so great that you can document your experience this way.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

This is a very loving and warm illustration. It's wonderful.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Leezy said...

I can't wait to see this in person. I think I get it next month (March). I know there's going to be so much in it to look at when it arrives. The texture, th elines,the words on the pages ... love love ....can't wait!

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home