Saturday, February 25, 2006

Ready for March!


The above illustration is acrylic, collage, and marker on paper. It is the piece I did for the February pages of Sylvia's Subconscious Dreamscapes book which Dennis now has. About half way through, I realized that the collaged grass at the bottom was too thick to go into the book, so I made a print and then colored in the flowers and the leaves, and all the other little embellishments. I also ended up cutting it in half so it would fit nicely on the two pages. I was pleased with the end result!

So how does this fit in with Sylvia's topic? I posted this piece on by blog with a narrative about how connecting the blissful moments in life helps me realize happiness. Whenever I dream of peace and contentment, it is either set by the sea or in the country on a warm, breezy summer's day. I created this mixed media piece with those ideas in mind. After I mailed the book to Dennis, I finished the original, and it will be among seven pieces I'm exhibiting at a gallery show in March called "About the Earth."

I am really incredibly energized by this project. I find it challenging to respond to another person's art and vision, but it is also tremendously inspirational. I feel my mind opening up to new ideas and new approaches to creating art, and that's exactly what I was hoping for from the start. I'm really looking forward to getting Debbie's book soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Baskerville Hound said...

This is so magical! I love your drawing style-such a beautiful dream-like quality :)

2:37 AM  
Blogger Leezy said...

This is beautiful Carla. A wonderful piece, I hope you will post the story that accompanies it, also so we can read where your wonderful image originated ...

12:39 PM  
Blogger Beth Berst said...

I love it Carla! It has so much of your personality in it. Very happy to see!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home