Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Flow of Energy


What a crazy month it's been! I was very happy to have the extension on the March book. I put the finishing touches on my drawing yesterday morning, but unfortunately missed getting to the post office on time. Dennis - I promise it will go out Monday the fastest way possible that doesn't entail having to sign for it.

This month I had Debbie's Energy as Movement book. I was really captivated by her concept description, especially when she wrote of how, as a martial artist, she is able to control and focus her energy for specific outcomes. I found that concept very intriguing, because energy is something I constantly struggle with. It was for that reason I also used the drawing for the March book for this week's Illustration Friday's topic, Speed. I wrote about it in my IF post:

Sometimes the energy of the universe seems to move around and through me with incredible speed. My senses become overloaded between processing the information I need to function in the practical world, and channeling the inspiration I need to create art. But when I can still myself and just let this energy flow, it's exhilaratingly beautiful.

I know that we will all illustrate this book, but I'm curious to read what you have to say on the topic of Energy as Movement. In fact, I'd love it if we shared our thoughts about each illustration we do for the various books - not just how we created the art, but what kind of conceptual process and meaning is attached to each work.

8 Comments:

Blogger Leezy said...

I think there is an incredible amount of energy in this piece - the movement of the leaves, and her hair. it's beautiful and I love your use of color. It's one of those perfect pieces that you can stare for hours and hours and still see womething new when you look back. Bravo!
I am really enjoying this project. It seems ages ago I finished my piece for the Observatios book, and so can;t wait to receive the next one from Daniel. i think it's Deniss' Exploration book ...
It'll beinteresting to see how far we have all come at the end of the year.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Leezy said...

okay, that was meant to say something, not womething, but you get the drift!!!!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous dennis West said...

Cool! I'm looking forward to getting it. I'm hoping to get my current one along too. Hopefully I'll get it away before yours arrives.

I really like looking at your art in person. There's so much fine detail that doesn't quite come through in these scans. It's one of my favorite things about this project.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Whimspiration said...

What an utterly hypnotic peice. It's like swimming in an ocean of color. I had trouble coming up for breath!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

So beautiful! I love it Carla, it's so exciting to see my concept come to life. I cannot wait to see it with my own eyes!
Your piece is so strong and connected with the sense of being fearful of not being connected.
I love it.

10:45 AM  
Blogger shyodo said...

This picture is very spiritual.
The woman in your picture realizes she is one with nature, but the expression on her face reveals that she doesn't quite know how she got where she is now

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home