Monday, July 17, 2006

Exploration - explore new things


I was a mess. I started to panic that my style(s) throughout this book do not match. Being an artist means having a style. And in this book, each of my entries are so varied. But after pacing my dining room for about 30 minutes trying to figure it all out in my head, I decided that being an artist is about making art. It does not mean that every piece should always flow. Sometimes the messy, inconsistencies that occur along the way are good. And that is what this book is about. It is not an art book that is meant to have the same flavor. It is a book of exploration. So I just decided to go with it, and let new things fall onto the page.

3 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

I think this is very compelling! I like the monochromotic grey tones you've used...there's a feeling of being deep under water. This looks like a stingray! It's gard to tell in the small picture, but it looks like you've collaged some sparkly bits on the form. It's great to see some posts around here...where's everyone?

8:55 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I think it's great... try not to think too much :)
I have the book now, and everytime I look at yours, I see something different.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Alexiev said...

Very sintetic...

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home